Thursday, January 23, 2003

HOUND OF THE UNDERGROUND

Walking back from the central school to the metro yesterday, I was followed by a large, rather mangry, and probably rabid, stray dog. Howling, limping, dribbling - he was doing it all. And he was definitely following me - across a busy main road and then the tram line, and then down behind the shopping centre. Not very pleasant.

So I was quite relieved to make it into the metro and through the ticket barriers. Safe! But half-way down the very long and steep escalator I heard a definite howl - yes, the dog had followed me into the metro and was now riding the escalator on the step behind me. The other passengers started to give me funny looks... well, funnier than usual. How dare I being such a mutt onto the metro?

All was well, however. When we got to the bottom of the escalator he took a different train.