Tuesday, March 11, 2003

It's snowing here, for the first time in two weeks. So it doesn't really feel like spring! At least it's not cold, somewhat above freezing.

Another four-day week... ho-hum.

Went to a party on Friday, hosted by Kostya and held in his one-bedroom flat. He managed to fit around 25 people in it which is quite impressive, as only eight people live in this flat usually! Yes, eight! Only!

Anyway, turned up late as I had been working in Mitino, while Kostya lives in Vykhino (check the map, it's a long way). Trust me, bursting in on a room of 25 Russians who have already been drinking for four hours, on a holiday weekend, is an interesting experience.

Woke up next to a fat, snoring Russian with no idea of where I was, or who he was, another interesting experience. The next thing I knew, some girl was offering me chocolates, something I still find quite inexplicable.

On Saturday went to a restaurant called Yolki-Palki, which is the Russian equivalent of a Harvester, if you can imagine such a thing. It's not at all bad, and they are popping up everywhere. Can't complain.

Sunday, Monday, did nothing. Knackered.